Friday, February 09, 2007

First order of business

This blog existed in a previous incarnation without too much in the way of either content or dedication. Hopefully I can tear it away from that legacy. I will be re-launching with a multi-part dialogue on my ideas about learning a language specifically Chinese. The first one will be posted in 2 days then continue every 2 days. There will also be a few articles that will appear as well, mostly reviews and such. Just to close out here are a few projects that I’m working on that are within the scope of this blog.

ChinesePod review lessons: This is actually what this blog first started with unfortunately due to time constraints the quality with which I could produce these fell to a level where I deemed them not worth releasing. I’ll be starting these again soon hopefully they will find some sort of an audience. They are basically abridged versions of the shows and I find them to have the following uses.

1. To review a lesson you previously studied to make sure you can understand it.

2. To check to see if a podcast contains only materials that you already know.

3. They have all the English removed so you can use them with even if your not sure you fully understand a podcast… walking without a crutch so to say.

Chinese Learning flash games: Non-interactive versions of these will appear as they are produced so I can get some feedback on the functionality wanted. Those found worth should find there way onto the internets. They will mostly be an attempt to dissociate parts of language hopefully grating learning games that work for left brain type people.

KunmingTaste a blog about food in Kunming an idea I had been playing with and have recently been inspired to attempt after finding the www.likealocal.cn blog. My format will focus more on restaurants and less on snack foods though.

Fingers crossed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home