Tuesday, February 20, 2007

新年快乐 Happy new year!

Bit late but as it's New year here I won't be posting again until Friday. Sorry about the delay. I am however not being too lazy so don't go calling me 懒猪 lǎnzhū (LazyPig) or anything nasty like that! One thing I'm doing straight after I wrote three posts about how I study is I'm going to spend some time completely changing all of that (How completely depends on how well the new ideas work out). I'll be documenting this and the first thing to change will be how I listen to ChinesePod PodCasts. I'll be documenting how well I think this new system works an explanation will come on Friday after I've got the new process completely sorted out. One thing this means is that I will be producing an extra type of review lesson for Newbie and Elementary levels. I will be releasing a review lesson that only contains the dialogue as well as the current review lesson format.

Other things on the horizon:
1. Complete transcripts of ChinesePod Lessons so you can count how many times Ken calls Jenny Johnny. These are a byproduct of another project which I'm not going to elaberatoe on until the idea has progressed from (Note: These will be free I always intend for everything I do to be add supported though I might start up a donations link as well 要饭要饭... If that doesn't work then this might just end up as a blog all about me).
2. Flash card sets for all the books I own. (This is for all those studying Chinese who need to learn those 30 or so words per lesson per day.)
3. This is a big one.... PodCasts!!!! In the coming months I will begin to produce Chinese Learning PodCasts (expect a pilot version about end of April). They aren't going to be the greatest PodCasts in the world, but I'm hoping that they'll be useful. A few things that have been set-up for this is that they will be Chinese Language only, they will have native speakers, they will come with a transcript, they will be short... maybe only 5-10 minutes long. Something that is still up in the air is that they maybe based off ChinesePod topics. So they may be useful as either supplement or a stand alone thing. If I go ahead with the ChinesePod idea they will be a bit harder than the ChinesePod version but using mostly the same vocab. The idea behind this is to further reinforce and expand on what you learnt in a ChinesePod lesson. Anyway nothing like that is anywhere near set in stone and I'd welcome feedback from people on this one. What do you want in a PodCast?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charles,

You are doing a great job! I really appreciate your efforts. Please keep up the good work.

Bob Mrotek

12:50 PM  
Blogger CharlesChinese said...

Will do Bob, thanks for the encouragement. I'm making some plans for more space to host all these extra files on. It has to be free (for now at least), accessible in china and hot linkable I don't want to send people off to another page to download something. If anyone knows anything that fits this I'd appreciate it.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home